Horizon Fitness EX-59-02 Elliptical Trainer Review
The Horizon Fitness EX-59-02 elliptical trainer review is here. It is the newest and next model in the series to the previous Horizon Fitness EX-59. If you don’t know about Horizon Fitness they are one of the top manufacturer’s of fitness equipment in the industry. You will probably notice this elliptical isn’t exactly the flashiest peacock in the bunch. Like its predecessor, the EX-59-02 shares the same mentality. Putting all of their efforts into creating a user friendly machine, which features all the comfort and quality you would expect out of a high quality elliptical. Delivering the results without the bloated luxury gimmicks; that will jack up the price tag and provide little to no body positive returns. For this reason they are able to keep the Horizon Fitness EX-59-02 at a very affordable price.
Like its previous model the Horizon Fittness EX-59-02 Elliptical Trainer also contains bio-mechanically researched Six Star Certified Technology (a combination of 6 key steps designed specifically to help you achieve the most natural, smooth and efficient elliptical experience).
Lets take a look:
- Optimally positioned handlebars, creating ideal spacing for various individual preferences
- Low 10 inch step on height, creating much more ease getting on and off the Horizon Fitness EX-59-02 Elliptical Trainer
- Heavy duty fly wheel, creating a more smooth and efficient workout experience
- ZEROgap mimics a natural stride while eliminating stress on the back and hips by a zero distance gap between using specific pedal placement.
- Features an 18-inch stride length through its FLATellipse foot path. Designed to replicate the specific motions used when running or walking, creating a more natural feel. This also helps to benefit and minimize stress and strain.
- Horizon Fitness EX-59-02 Elliptical Trainer also features StraightUP body posture, allowing you to be maintained upright with correct body alignment when exercising. Leading to longer lasting comfort and less of the bad fatigue from strain and postural issues.
The Horizon Fitness Ex-59-02 Elliptical Trainer features a built in heart rate monitor in one of the centre handles. Displaying calories, distance and time via its 5″ LCD screen. Choose from 10 different fat burning programs; which include: Constant Watts, Rolling, Reverse Train, Random, Calorie Goal, Manual, Intervals, Intervals Plus, Weight Loss and Weight Loss Plus.
Like its previous version it delivers quality audio through its Sonic Surround Speakers, which offer mp3 available inputs as well as headphone jacks. Cooling yourself is also a breeze with its built in Cool Fit Fans and water bottle holder. The heavy duty flywheel uses magnetic brake resistance to provide a smoother and quieter start and stop than most regular machines. Relatively long stride length and foot plates that pivot, are what help to replicate the most natural type of motions, for optimal comfort and less stress. Also included are 16 different levels of resistance (6 more levels than the previous model), which is quite a lot for a machine in this price range.
Key Features of the Horizon Fitness EX-59-02 Elliptical Trainer:
- Six Star Certified elliptical technology featuring six key elements for delivering the smoothest, most natural feel when using the Horizon Fitness Ex-59-02 Elliptical Trainer
- 5″ LCD display & heavy-duty 14.3-pound flywheel featuring Magnetic Braking for smooth start and stop
- ZERO gap overlapping pedal motion
- Easy access 10-inch SUREstep
- 1-16 levels of electronic resistance range
- 18″ FLATellipse foot path
- Horizon Fitness EX-59-02 Elliptical Trainer has ComfortFITfootpads that pivot for the most natural motion
- 10 varying programs to address your fat burning goals
- Contact grips w/heart rate sensor
- Sonic Surround speakers with MP3 input and headphone output
- COOLfitfitness fan
What Other Buyers are Saying about the Horizon Fitness EX-59-02 Elliptical Trainer…….
( Based On Over 5 Customer Reviews ) (Model Just Released)
At this time all users are claiming that the Horizon Fitness-EX-59-02 Elliptical Trainer is a very smooth and quiet machine. Commonly people are talking about their transition from a gym membership and multi-thousand dollar commercial ellipticals to this; reporting great results with resistance levels on par with commercial units. The only minor flaw we are hearing is that there is no off/on switch, so you have to unplug the elliptical pre and post use (probably a good idea anyway). Although not a huge positive, users are claiming that assembly time of the Horizon Fitness Ex-59-02 Elliptical Trainer is very fast (average time is about an hour to assemble) (also noted that assembly is very easy too). Another thing users love is how the stride length seems to be perfect for varying heights and for couples. Short wives, tall husbands or vice versa are finding they are both very comfortable and satisfied with the elliptical feel. They are also feeling a lot less stress on their knees and joints that they might other wise feel on similar priced elliptical machines.
Overall, the Horizon EX-59-02 Elliptical Trainer is a very reliable and solid machine. It isnt the flashiest machine out there, but it more than makes up for it in pooling its resources in what actually matters. To be frank there is not a huge difference between the Horizon EX-59-02 Elliptical Trainer and its previous model; and that’s perfectly okay. What Horizon has done, is taken an already greatly successful machine (over 250 near perfect reviews) and improved on it. Such as adding an additional 6 levels of resistance. With the best part being that there is no price increase from the previous model. It is a quiet, sturdy, naturally optimized, incredibly smooth machine, borrowing and adding to the best traits of its highly successful previous model. For all these reasons we definitely recommend the very affordable Horizon Fitness EX-59-02 Elliptical Trainer to anyone who wants a solid and reliable buy that wont break the bank.
For the Best Prices on the Horizon Fitness EX-59-02 Elliptical Trainer Online:
You can also view our review of the previous model, the Horizon EX-59 below